Monday, October 13, 2008

Scan, have we got scans!!

I've been working on the www.mombat.org site quite a bit lately. My goal is to chronicle the histories of the pioneering mountain bike brands. Lately, I have been going through our mountain of older mountain bike magazines and scanning in articles. Each article is then placed onto the history page for that brand on the appropriate MOMBAT page. I have been scanning press releases, advertisements and reviews concentrating on the 1980's stuff right now. There have been some great articles and it was cool to see some of the older hand-drawn stuff. It definitely fit the era. I have found some brands, like Donovan, that I had never heard of before. Apparently, they inserted short pieces of drilled-out aluminum inside of the road gauge tubing to try and achieve a lighter/stronger frame. Kinda cool.

Anyway, if you have a couple of minutes, which could become hours, head over to the MOMBAT site, hit the history link and check it out.

No comments: